1. Add butter to egg and beat it, before you make Omlette for a more excellent taste.
2. To sprout the grains, soak them for 8 hours, drain the water and place them in Hotpack or any plastic cotainer and keep it closed for a night. The next morning you see beautiful sprouted grains.
3. When you make porridge for kids, add a spoon of corn flour to get extra protein contents for your kids.
4. When your dish becomes too salty, add either of milk, cream, curd, lime juice, tomato pulp appropriately that suits your dish. Adding potatoe also lowers the salt content.
5. Fry cabbage with ginger till cooked and grind with chilli, salt and curd to make a different raita.
6. Grind soaked Peas with chilli, salt, asafoetida, and add curry leaves to make crispy vada. Can add cabbage and onion also.
7. If you have previous day's cooked rice, dont worry. Make a superb dosai out of it as follows: Grind that rice, add gram flour, green chilli, salt, curry leaves, corriander leaves, 1 spoon curd, mix well and make a crispy, yummy dosai.
8. When you prepare soup add 2 spoons of barley water along with for a more healthy soup.
9. Avoid buying potatoes in green color
10. If cooked spinach or keerai masiyal is left over, add flour of urad dal and try a vadai out of it. Really it will be very tasty.
“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.” ― Laurie Colwin